Arkanoid: Revenge of DOH (Arcade)
|Arkanoid: Revenge of DOH|
This game has unused enemies.
Everyone's favorite evil moai head is back for another round of block breaking in Arkanoid: Revenge of DOH. Known as Arkanoid II in some home ports.
Hidden within the graphics data of the ROM, there are a set of unused colored blocks and numerous skins of Gold and Silver blocks, including a set that replicates the original Arkanoid's Gold and Silver blocks.
These two enemies do not appear anywhere in the game despite having their graphics fully intact within the ROM. The first one is a Rubik's cube-styled enemy that rotates its own segments before spinning around, while the second is a series of red orbs connected together with a green wire.
In Arkanoid: Revenge of DOH, there are 12 valid power ups. However, in the game's graphic data there are several additional powerups that go unused.
- The Red G is an entirely lost power up that shares its palette with the red "Laser" powerup. In Arkanoid Returns, it is re-added and colored brown, becoming the new "Giga Ball" power up.
- The Blue R contains both the shape and letter of the black "Restrict" power down, but is drawn with different colors that stand out from the shadow of the R, for compatibility with the first of two power up palettes. A similar scenario occurs with the green "Illusion" powerup, where a blue version using the first palette can be found in the graphics.
- The Emerald B shows a possible color palette that could be considered valid for a possible power up. It is a duplicate and re-color of the "Break" power up with a different palette, intended to work with the second powerup palette.
Missing Powerup Animation Frame
In the game, the power ups that spawn from certain bricks have an animation intended to last eight frames, however the eighth frame is never shown in the game, leading to only seven frames being shown.
Alternative First Level
There exist two different designs for the first stage.
The redesign present in the US version is very likely for difficulty purposes. Despite having a more complex structure than the World version, powerups are incredibly common inside the stack of colored blocks placed underneath the regenerating blocks. The World version is the version used in home ports of Arkanoid: Revenge of DOH, the only exception being the Apple IIgs port, which has the US layout.
Altered Boss Rounds
The brain-like boss that normally appears in Round 17 in the World version appears twice in the US version: on Round L3, and Round R20.
The Arkanoid series
|Arcade||Arkanoid • Arkanoid: Revenge of DOH • Arkanoid Returns|
|NES||Arkanoid • Arkanoid II|
|Atari ST||Arkanoid II: Revenge of DOH|
|Amstrad CPC||Arkanoid II: Revenge of DOH|
|DOS||Arkanoid (1988) • Arkanoid II: Revenge of DOH|
|SNES||Arkanoid: Doh It Again|
- Pages missing developer references
- Games developed by Taito
- Pages missing publisher references
- Games published by Taito
- Games published by Romstar
- Arcade games
- Pages missing date references
- Games released in 1987
- Games with unused enemies
- Games with unused graphics
- Games with unused items
- Games with regional differences
- Arkanoid series
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Games > Games by content > Games with regional differences
Games > Games by content > Games with unused enemies
Games > Games by content > Games with unused graphics
Games > Games by content > Games with unused items
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by Square Enix > Games developed by Taito
Games > Games by platform > Arcade games
Games > Games by publisher
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Romstar
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Square Enix > Games published by Taito
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 1987
Games > Games by series > Arkanoid series