Asphalt 8: Airborne
|Asphalt 8: Airborne|
This game has unused graphics.
This game has a prerelease article
|This game is still under active development.|
Be aware that any unused content you find may become used or removed in the future. Please only add things to the article that are unlikely to ever be used, or went unused for some time. If they do get used, please remove them from the page and specify in the edit summary!
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
Asphalt 8: Airborne is the first free-to-play Asphalt game (although not at launch), and where things get crazier and harder as updates come and go (mostly since mid-2016, due to Vivendi's takeover of Gameloft). It's also the second Asphalt game to be available on desktop Windows systems.
| Apple Arcade|
A unique version of Asphalt 8 with some changes.
1967 Chevrolet Impala Enduro Double Down Quotes
Are the text still in game code? Doesn't matter which version, Championship Update or today.
Welcome to the School of Street Smarts. Lesson 1: Don't lose! Nice start, but Lesson 2 is: Don't slow down! And finally, Lesson 3: Always expect the unexpected. Time to put what you've learned to the test against the Chevy Impala. You get the hang of street racing yet? Hm, I think you're learning, but practice makes perfect. Don't get cocky. There's another big challenge just over the horizon. It's time for the Chevrolet Impala Ghost Challenge: Round 2! Time to take you off easy street! You get it in gear yet? Then show me! You're in about... second gear now. Let's see you at full speed! Your engine's roaring, but you're not quite fast enough! Come on! Well, the Impala is waiting. You better be up to speed! Nice going, road warrior. But these streets just keep getting meaner. You're being too nice out there. Show me your street rage! Nice! I felt the anger out there. But don't cool down yet. Is your blood pumping? Because your next big challenge is after this. Don't hold back! Show the Chevrolet Impala your racing spirit! Congrats on making it here. But there's still a long road ahead. Be careful; a lot of racers lose their way on these streets... The problem with being first is, you have nobody to follow... You're getting close to the goal. But you gotta keep your cool! All right, hotshot. Beat this and face your next real challenge! This opponent knows these streets better than anyone. You ready? Oh, a fresh pup finally made it this far! Let's see how you run. Good start, but can you keep up with the rest of the pack? Well, well, this pup has claws! Now I wanna see your bite! I still think you're all bark. Come on and get back out there! That wasn't just your engine roaring. You're almost ready for the boss. Time to prove you're the Alpha Dog against the Chevrolet Impala! I've heard of you. But I really just wanna see what you can do. Hm, the rumors are true. You just might have what it takes! Keep up this pace and we'll have to name a street after you. Look out; road bump ahead! Don't let it stall your style! Whew! You just keep on cruisin', don't ya? Just a little more to go! Honestly, I'm puttin' my money on you against the Impala. Good luck! You're near the top... but I promise it's gonna be all downhill from here. You don't like to lose, do you? Neither do my street racers. Getting tired yet? Because we've still got more surprises in store! Come on, just give up already! You're not getting past this one! I've had it with your luck. This round we're giving it our all! Even if you beat us here, there's no way you're gonna beat the boss. This is it: You versus the Chevrolet Impala. Your luck ends here! Welcome to the fast lane! No time to talk... just GO! These streets are as unforgiving as our street racers. Better not flinch! At this speed, you'll probably miss a turn. Keeping up? Good! Time for us to kick it into high gear! You're almost there! Just don't lose sight of the finish line. Almost done? Man, time flies when you're flying this fast! This is IT! Time to race the Chevy Impala for all the marbles!
Pre-race quotes for the Enduro Double Down event for the 1967 Chevrolet Impala, added during the Championship Update (December 2016). The event was quietly cancelled, replaced with another event of same type for another car (Aston Martin One-77), and the Impala, originally an Class A car, was nerfed to a Class D car in the next update.
Rising Suns Decal
In Version v1.8.0 (Decals Update, March 2015) a Rising Sun decal for the 9FF GT9 V-MAX and Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series was in the game. After Version 1.8.1 (More than 300 Decals Update, April 2015) came out, the decals were taken off-sale because it offended the Chinese and South Korean authorities apparently. However, the Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series has this decal in the Apple Arcade version of Asphalt 8.
Bugatti Veyron Spoiler
In the anims folder, there are two files named "bugatti_open_anim.anim" and "bugatti_close_anim.anim" that goes unused possibly due to limitations with the game engine.
Lamborghini Reventon Leftovers
In the collisions folder, there are four files named "lamborghini_reventon.shapedefx", "lamborghini_reventon_box.shapedefx", "lamborghini_reventonai.shapedefx", and "lamborghini_reventonsmallcapsules.shapedefx".
Version 3.3.0 (Munich Update, October 2017) added a car, Villain Wheels, used and accessible only in a cross-promotion time-limited event races, promoting Despicable Me 3 (the car originated from the movie, and Gameloft has a game based on the movie, Despicable Me: Minion Rush). The car, a Class D car with high ranking, was used only for the events and not purchasable in the garage. The car has a stock performance rating of 848, MAX rating of 1253 (this configuration was used during the events, except during December 4-8, 2017) and MAX PRO (fully tuned) rating of 1505 (this configuration was used in the December 4-8, 2017 event). As the car is an open-cockpit vehicle, it featured a modeled driver when being raced, similar to McLaren Formula One cars, using the driver model of McLaren M14A. As the car was otherwise inaccessible outside the event, the car has a similar fate to GT Academy-only cars used in Gran Turismo 5 and 6.
Curiously, however, "Villain Wheels" is listed in manufacturers that start with "D" instead of "V". Considering the order the manufacturer is stored, it is possible that the internal manufacturer name is DreamWorks, the studio that produced the Despicable Me film series. In addition, the events featuring the car were held on tracks without any flat spin/barrel roll ramps, except for one held in December 4-8, 2017.
As of Version 3.6.0 (2018 Spring Update, April 2018), the Villain Wheels logo has been removed from the Brand Filters list (rendering it unviewable in the garage using a glitch involving the Enduro Vehicles menu during the second re-run of the Lamborghini Aventador SV Enduro Double Down event, which was running during the update), however the model and texture is still in the files.
When the Fall Out Boy Update (Version 3.5.0, February 2018) came out, there was a few songs from Fall Out Boy added into the game but only used in the BMW M2 Special Edition World Tour event. Since the 2018 Spring Update (Version 3.6.0, April 2018) update, the songs have been removed. As of the 2021 Summer Update (Version 5.7.0, August 2021), there's been a load of songs removed from the game due to expired licenses.
- Band of Skulls - Asleep at the Wheel (Rock)
- Silversun Pickups - Cannibal (Rock)
- AWOLNATION - Burn it Down (Rock)
- Kasabian - Underdog (Rock)
- Mutemath - Blood Pressure (Rock)
- Queens of the Stone Age - Go With The Flow (Rock)
- The Bloody Beetroots - Rocksteady (Electronic)
- deadmau5 - Professional Griefers ft. Gerard Way (Electronic)
- Vitalic - Stamina (Electronic)
- The Crystal Method - Play For Real (Dirtyphonics Remix) (Electronic)
- Hadouken! - Mic Check (Camo & Krooked Remix) (Electronic)
As a result of the removal of the aforementioned songs, along with the entire Rock radio station, two songs, Ares (Villains Remix) by Bloc Party and Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider Go! by Trentemøller were moved to the Electronic radio station.
Unused Co-Driver Voices
Check if the co-driver voices are still in the files.
There are many co-driver voices (similar to those used in the previous two numbered Asphalt games) that were planned to be in-game, but never got in. There’s even a voiceover for New York, which also never made it into Asphalt 8.
This video shows all of the co-driver voiceovers that were planned.
In the Munich Update (Version 3.3.0, October 2017), the Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR my2017 was one of vehicles added in the update, with a Research & Development event giving Blueprints for the bike coded and intended to be run during the update's lifetime. However, the bike's event no-showed that update with implications it would be postponed to next updates; it would not be run until the Fifth Anniversary Update (Version 3.8.0, August 2018), with the event no longer giving blueprints due to gradual phase-out of the system, rendering the item unused. The event was also not run in certain regions due to geographic restrictions of the Aprilia license.
For several updates when the bike was postponed, Gameloft would automatically remove the blueprint and provide the player with a small compensation if the blueprint was dropped from any box or purchased from Exclusive Deals; the blueprint would eventually be removed from droppable items list.
Lots to cover, such as delisted cars (Porsches and Toyota Supra/Scion FR-S), changed blueprints (Ferrari F50 and Honda Civic Type-R), etc.
- In version 1.2.0 (Daily Bonus Update, January 2014) some license plate designs were changed, from blue & white, to red & black.
- In Version 1.8.0 (Decals Update, January 2015) the garage design was changed.
- In Version 2.0.0 (Car Mastery Update, July 2015) all mentions of Citroën were replaced with DS Automobiles, however Citroën cars can still be seen with the Citroën logo, even though they are listed under the DS brnad.
- In Version 2.1.0 (Research & Development Update, September 2015) the Racer Kit Box (4 cards every 24 hours) was removed, being replaced with a brand new Super Racer Kit Box (8 cards every 8 hours).
- In Version 2.3.0 (Lunar New Year Update, February 2016) all Chinese New Year 2015 decals were removed except for 3 on the Lamborghini Veneno. This makes them unobtainable unless the player already bought or won them before the update. All of the Chinese New Year 2015 decals were also altered, changing 2015 to 2016.
- In Version 2.7.0 (Multiplayer League Update, October 2016) the World Series multiplayer mode was replaced with an eniterly new Multplayer Season and Leagues system.
- In Version 2.8.0 (Championship Update, December 2016) one of the tracks, Monaco, was renamed to Azure Coast (an English translation of Côte d'Azur), possibly due to addition of the McLaren Formula One cars, which could put Gameloft to FIA's lawyers radar if they don't rename it.
- In Version 3.1.0 (Porsche Update, June 2017) the game menu was redesigned again. Also, the RUF RT 12 S, RUF CTR 3, 9FF GT9 VMAX and the Rinspeed zaZen were all made unobtainable coinciding with the release of Porsche cars in the game (possibly due to certain terms that meant Gameloft could only license Porsche cars if they removed the "clone" brands from the game) , this meant only players who had purchased them before the update were able to use these cars.
- However, prior to the update, Gameloft ran a series of giveaway events for all four cars. These events, seemingly teasing the arrival of Porsche cars, would ultimately be the last chance to obtain those four cars.
- In Version 3.2.0 (Motorcycles Update, August 2017) the Toyota Supra RZ (Mark IV) and Scion FR-S were both made unobtainable, most likely due to licensing issues with Toyota. Also a Richard Mille sponsor decal was added on the McLaren P1 GTR, while the Mobil 1 logo was removed from the car’s livery. All mentions of "cars" was also replaced with "vehicles" to accommodate the addition of motorcycles.
- In Version 3.3.0 (Munich Update, October 2017) all RUF only events were removed from the career (the RT 12 S event was replaced with Mazzanti Evantra and the CTR 3 event was replaced by McLaren F1 XP-5) and the Season 9 races for the cars were also removed; any stars earned on those events by the player were discarded.
- In Version 3.4.0 (Hot Wheels Update, December 2017) all events requiring the Scion FR-S were changed to requiring the Porsche 718 Boxster S. Also, the Ferrari F50’s blueprint card was changed, resulting in the Ferrari F50 now being shown in red instead of the original turquoise blue.
- In Version 3.5.0 (Fall Out Boy Update, February 2018) an Android exclusive Google Play feature called "Quests" was removed from the game.
- In Version 3.6.0 (2018 Spring Update, April 2018) the Daily Tasks menu was changed. Also the placement and size of Daily Tasks and More Racing Options in the Play menu have been switched. The background of More Racing Options also recieved a change, showing the Lamborghini Egoista in the background instead of the Ferrari F430. One of the sound effects used when opening Pro Boxes was also removed from the game. Taiwan and Hong Kong were also removed from the language and region settings.
- In Version 3.7.0 (Asphalt Moments Update, June 2018) the loading screen when replaying a race offline was removed, making racing much faster, also a new “Offers” tab was added to the main menu containg all the currently available time-limited offers. This was also the first time a re-run of an event was changed to not award blueprints, this trend would continue in future updates suggesting Gameloft wants to get rid of blueprints.
- In Version 3.8.0 (Fifth Anniversary Update, August 2018) decals were removed from the multiplayer rewards, being replaced by BP Boxes. Also video ads started awarding Shuffle and Split boxes instead of Ad Boxes, making all Ad Boxes unobtainable
- In Version 3.9.0 (Halloween Update, October 2018) the post-update screens recieved a redesign, alongside this Optimal Shuffle and Split boxes recieved a colour change, going from blue to green.
- In Version 4.1.0 (Fast Lane Update, February 2019) the Super Racer Kit Box was removed from the store, being replaced by the Daily Kit Box. Daily Heat Cups were also stopped, being replaced by Daily Class Cups. The VIP icon was also added to the main menu and the Pro Kit Inventory icon was also added to the main menu, making it the only way to get to your inventory. Also, Car Mastery was severly nerfed, and the replayable races were disabled, as well as increasing the Pro Kit requirements, which made the update also known as the FLU.
- In Version 4.2.0 (2019 Spring Update, April 2019) the Moto Blitz rewards were changed to Rookie and Advanced Biker Kits, Career credit rewards significantly nerfed, and upgrade costs rebalanced.
The Asphalt series
|Nintendo DS||Asphalt Urban GT|
|Nintendo 3DS||Asphalt 3D|
|iOS, Android, Windows||Asphalt 8: Airborne • Asphalt Xtreme|
- Pages missing developer references
- Games developed by Gameloft
- Pages missing publisher references
- Games published by Gameloft
- IOS games
- Android games
- Windows games
- Mac OS X games
- Pages missing date references
- Games released in 2013
- Games with unused graphics
- Games with unused models
- Games with unused items
- Games with unused music
- Games with unused text
- Games with revisional differences
- Games in development
- Works In Progress
- To do
- Asphalt series
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Cleanup > To do
Cleanup > Works In Progress
Games > Games by content > Games with revisional differences
Games > Games by content > Games with unused graphics
Games > Games by content > Games with unused items
Games > Games by content > Games with unused models
Games > Games by content > Games with unused music
Games > Games by content > Games with unused text
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by Ubisoft > Games developed by Gameloft
Games > Games by platform > Android games
Games > Games by platform > IOS games
Games > Games by platform > Mac OS X games
Games > Games by platform > Windows games
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Gameloft
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 2013
Games > Games by series > Asphalt series
Games > Games in development