Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly
|Bart Simpson's Escape from Camp Deadly|
Also known as: Bart no Survival Camp (JP)
This game has unused areas.
Bart Simpson vs. the entire camp.
Nintendo Power #29 covered a version of this game with plenty of differences (Mostly graphical).
I Love Maria
At the internal end of the first level are sections reading several messages, starting with "I LOVE MARIA". They can be accessed by warping to them with the A + Start debug key.
When advancing, another message reads:
I PROMISE TO LIVE WITH YOU AND TO BE FAITHFUL TO YOU FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES
Walking further (or skipping to the next section) reveals more text:
I PROMISE TO SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGE YOU IN THE PURSUIT OF YOUR GOALS AND I PROMISE TO MAKE A LOVING HOME WITH YOU
The level ends wth the message:
MARK AND MARIA SAW THE WORLD JUNE 1990
While the game is paused, press Right, Up, B, A, Left, A, Down, B, A, Right, Down (RUB A LAD BARD). Pressing Up and Down changes the option selected, indicated by the number on the top-left corner. "07 31 91" is the compilation date.
Pressing A will cause the following effects, if the option selected is one of the values seen below:
- 0 - Toggle Infinite Health, gain an extra life (note that Bart will still die when falling into a pit).
- 1 - 80 Lives, 25 Boomerangs, and more HP.
- 2 - Increase HP by 1.
Pressing Start goes back to the game with the options selected. Pressing B goes to the level selected (unless no data is associated, then it does nothing).
Full Debug Mode
Add more details on the Full Debug Mode, especially documenting the meaning of the unknown values.
While the game is paused, press Right, Up, B, Select, A, Left, A, Down, B, A, Right, Down (RUB SALAD BARD). Seems it was some kind of obfuscation to the code, to prevent those who look for cheats inside the ROM from finding something actually interesting.
It offers the following additional features:
- 3 - Displays a counter of camp staff opponents on the screen to the left of the health points.
- 4 - Enables specific key combinations to toggle debug behavior.
- A + Start: Advances to the next section in the current level. This also includes sections normally inaccessible, like the "I LOVE MARIA" section at the end of level 1. At the very end of each level are often leftover sections.
- B + Start: Seems to restart the current section.
- A + Select: Probably a graphics test. Displays background tiles on the level background in ascending order.
- B + Select: Another graphics test, this time displaying foreground tiles on the level background in ascending order.
- 5 - Makes Bart run faster.
- 6 - Seems to display spawn locations of opponents in the level as black tiles, which mostly appear on the ground, thus making characters fall through them.
- 7 - Displays 4 hexadecimal numbers in the second line of the status bar with unknown meaning.
- 8 - Displays a hexadecimal number above the "LI" letters of the "LIVES" display with unknown meaning.
- 9 - Displays 3 hexadecimal numbers in the second line of the status bar.
- The first number displays the number of active objects on screen.
- The second number changes when the level screen scrolls.
- The third number identifies the current sprite or animation of Bart.
- A - Displays 2 hexadecimal numbers in the second line of the status bar, showing the X and Y coordinate of the visible level area.
- B - Displays a counter to the left of the boomerang counter with unknown meaning.
- C/D/E/F - Scrolls the level screen into the directions left, right, up or down by 5 tiles.
- G - Unclear what this does.
- H - Unclear what this does.
- I - Displays a hexadecimal number to the left of the boomerang counter (prefixed with an O character) with unknown meaning.
- J - Kills the player and costs 1 life.
Present at offset 62:
Software by Mark D. Klein under contract to Imagineering, Inc. Delivered 06-14-91, Completed by Imagineering 07-31-91
- Pages missing developer references
- Games developed by Imagineering
- Pages missing publisher references
- Games published by Acclaim Entertainment
- Games published by Acclaim Japan
- Game Boy games
- Pages missing date references
- Games released in 1991
- Games with unused areas
- Games with hidden developer messages
- Games with hidden developer credits
- Games with debugging functions
- Games with hidden level selects
- To do
- Simpsons series
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Cleanup > To do
Games > Games by content > Games with debugging functions
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden developer credits
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden developer messages
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden level selects
Games > Games by content > Games with unused areas
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by Absolute Entertainment > Games developed by Imagineering
Games > Games by platform
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Throwback Entertainment > Games published by Acclaim Entertainment
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Throwback Entertainment > Games published by Acclaim Entertainment > Games published by Acclaim Japan
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 1991
Games > Games by series > Simpsons series
The Cutting Room Floor > Unimportant Awards > Game Boy games