This game has unused graphics.
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
|...But what does it mean?|
This game has text or audio that needs to be translated. If you are fluent with this language, please read our translation guidelines and then submit a translation!
|...But does it make sense?|
The translations on this page need to be proofread. If you are fluent enough in this language, please make any corrections necessary!
ui_test.dat in ui_000.pkz contains screenshots of the game in an earlier state of development, as well as some test graphics.
UI mockups over an early screenshot of the game. There are major differences in Bayonetta's design, and five Umbran Tears of Blood can be seen in the upper left corner (only three are in each level in the final). An ad for "Ark Mall", a location in Astral Chain, is visible in the background.
The character select screen. Here, Jeanne uses her design from Bayonetta 2.
ui_core_gb.dat contains early versions of "core" UI elements that are seen often in-game, such as icons for characters, Demon Slave summons, and items.
Early weapon icons. Colour My World only has two guns visible, and Abracadabra is missing its top hat. Dead End Express's icon is flat and simple. G-Pillar and Cruel Altea look the most different, with the former appearing sleeker and less club-like, and the latter only being a single gauntlet. The rest of the weapons have their corresponding Demon's name placed over Colour My World's icon.
ui_hud_gb.dat includes HUD graphics seen while in combat.
ui_menu_gb.dat has unused textures for menu elements.
miscTex_000.pkz contains textures primarily relating to character renders and names.
- homname_010.dat is an unused or scrapped Homunculus. It has a strange designation entirely different than the ones used in-game-- "h525-Planarianus-θ". Its name and the in-game Homunculi script both translate to "Pannus", an enemy used in the final.
- homname_022.dat is another unused Homunculus, named "Chronos". Like the Homunculus above, it has a designation unlike the ones seen in the final. The in-game Homunculi font translates to "Opacus", another enemy used in the final. Chronos's filename number, 022, corresponds to Congestus's files, meaning this could be an earlier version of it.
- Madama Khepri, an Infernal Demon from the previous game, has name and alias textures as well as a placeholder render for the "Infernal Demons" book.
- The following unused Infernal Demon textures do not have corresponding aliases, solely names. They suggest that Mictlantecuhtli's Formation Y and Formation X forms, Labolas's Cluster Mode form, and the Umbran Armor would have had their own "Infernal Demons" entries.
- Baal Zebul has an early texture for her alias, with the sole difference being that the letters are in lowercase.
- There are unused names, aliases, and footprints for Enzo β2, Inspector Enzeau, and the Japanese, Chinese, and French soldiers. The footprint design seen here uses the bottom of Bayonetta's shoe as a placeholder.
effect_000.pkz holds textures for all the effects used throughout the game.
- 506.wta contains enemy health bar textures that are not seen in-game. These textures are also not referenced in the game's resource.bxm file, which lists each .wta and the appropriate model they should be applied to. Thus, the purpose of these health bars remains unknown.
An Angel's health bar from Bayonetta.
- Textures for Rosa's chains from her outfit in Bayonetta 2 are leftover in Rosa β4's model files.
- et0400.dat is a model of a flat triangle with a vertically-flipped, unused texture on it. The kanji, 魂, translates to "soul" or "willpower".
- pl008f.dat inside pl_000.pkz contains a rather ugly sphere with a face.
- A model of Alraune's Whisperer of Dementia form can be found in em303c.dat.
- em2010.dat contains an early version of Stratus. Its outer armor is yellower and is lacking any black coloration found on the final model. The patterns on its chest, upper back, and upper arms are also more organic-looking. This model has many animations, most of which appear unfinished or glitchy.
- Leftover Umbran Climax models and animations from Bayonetta 2 can be found in et0073.dat (Labolas half-body), et0076.dat (Mictlantecuhtli), and et0077.dat (Hydra tentacle).
- An Angelic Hymns Gold LP from Bayonetta, "Quasi una Fantasia", is in it0201.dat.
- Another Gold LP from Bayonetta, "Fantaisie-Impromptu", is in it0203.dat.
- bab001.dat contains a untextured Umbran Resting Place found in the first two games.
- bab002.dat is an untextured Resting Place from Bayonetta 2.
- z4210.dat, z4401.dat, and z4620.dat are simple-looking placeholders or an early versions of the France levels.
messtest.mcd, a text file inside ui_test.dat, has multiple test strings inside of it.
aiueo I've got time to pick up a few things. Location Name Test 0123456789 Alternative Verse 4071N - 7400W - 0.000 - Alternative Verse 40゜71N - 74゜00W - 0.000 -
messcore.mcd from ui_core_gb.dat has text related to the shop and Verse results, as well as some variations of words used in the final, such as "Health" rather than "Vitality", and "Gauge" instead of "Magic".
Try NEW *Limit 3 HOT Save Health D-Masquerade D-Slave Min. Combo Points Gauge EASY NORMAL HARD Time Limit Witch Time Torture Devices View Mode Next Category Special Ability Archive Entry
Early Chapter names can also be found in this file. Jeanne is referred to as "Agent J" in her Chapter titles. Notably, two Chapters, called "The Infinite" and "Agent J's Last Stand", appear to have been scrapped entirely during development.
|The Phenomenon Beheld||Phenomenal Affirmation|
|The Sinking City||Scrambling for Answers|
|The Burning City||City on Fire|
|The Grinning Ravager||A Sinking Feeling|
|Agent J||The Crimson Shadow|
|Between Fading and Flame||Worlds Apart|
|The Brutal King||Off the Rails|
|Agent J Strikes||The Lynx Strikes|
|The Burning Sands||Burning Sands|
|Agent J's Peril||High Stakes|
|The Veiled City||Cover of Night|
|Mother and Daughter||A Familiar Dance|
|Agent J's Escape||The Doctor is Out|
|Kingdom of Solitude||Kingdom of One|
|Agent J's Last Stand|
|The One Truth||The Single Truth|
There are early location names within messhud.mcd, found inside ui_hud_gb.dat.
Thule, The Isle Between Ginnungagap, Chaotic Abyss New York Tokyo: Asakusa Beijing: Yanqing Beijing: Changping Beijing: Gaochang Mountains Egypt: The Arid Wastes Egypt: Venom Toad's Path Egypt: Dire Wing's Way France: Prelude France: Interlude France: Endgame
messhud.mcd also includes various alternate Photo Mode terms, a few misspellings of Jeanne's weapon names, and various Alternative Verse numbers.
Aperture Settings Camera Roll Settings Title Logo End Photo Mode Screen Effects Dummy Small Mid None ALL FOR ONE ZAMZA Alternative Verse 00,002,623 015.268.067 Alternative Verse 79,501,028 874.056.079 Alternative Verse 20,919,117 052.548.213 Alternative Verse 72,020,402 613.485.087 Alternative Verse 00,602,596 709.222.638 Alternative Verse 41,210,291 009.456.114 Alternative Verse 05,197,805 251.003.925 Alternative Verse 18,653,434 913.341.662 Alternative Verse 34,865,110 351.028.004 Alternative Verse 59,314,867 291.304.226 Alternative Verse 66,482,059 838.107.395 Alternative Verse 93,740,681 074.906.750
ui_menu_gb.dat contains a variety of menu text. One menu option, called "Bayo Maker", seems as though it would have allowed the player more control over which parts of Bayonetta's outfit to customize.
Bayo Maker Head Body Hands Feet Skin Color T-Shirt
The remainder of this file's text involves terms for gameplay options. There is an option for using Touch Controls, a feature removed from the final. The final's "Echoes of Memory" are referred to as "Redgrave's Journals" here. "Masquerade Switch" is used for swapping weapons, "Photo Settings" is used in place of "Photo Mode", and "Burger Combo" is used in place of "Combo Meal".
"J-Side" may be an early name for the Jeanne-exclusive Chapters. Lastly, a few unique difficulty names are included.
Touch Controls Redgrave's Journals Masquerade Switch Photo Settings Burger Combo J-Side PLATINUM COMFORT PLATINUM STANDARD PLATINUM INFERNO
The Japanese language version of this file, ui_menu_jp.dat, has two Chapter names that are not seen in-game.
ANOTHER CH HARD BATTLE
Within the .bxm files in chapter_000.pkz are early Japanese subtitles for each Chapter. Most lines simply have punctuation changes, but there are some that go completely unused. In addition, many non-cutscene voice lines have subtitles in this file that are not displayed in the final-- for example, the Japanese train announcements, and MC Enzo's banter.
|Next stop is Shinagawa, Shinagawa.
The exit is on the right.
|C01_TA0025_00020_NARR||Train announcement||新幹線、東海道線、横須賀線、京急線はお乗り換えです。||Shinkansen, Tokaido Line, Yokosuka Line, and Keikyu Line are transferring.|
|C02_TA0120_00010_ENZO||MC Enzo||久しぶり、最近どう？||It's been a while, how are things?|
|C02_TA0121_00010_ENZO||MC Enzo||その髪型似あってるね？||That hairstyle suits you|
|C02_TA0122_00010_ENZO||MC Enzo||これ新作のポスター？ おい、貼っといて。||Is that a new poster? Hey, put it up.|
|C02_TA0123_00010_ENZO||MC Enzo||それじゃあ、そろそろ友達紹介してくれるかな。||Well then, maybe you can introduce me to your friends eventually.|
|Is there treasure inside?
Come on and open it
|C04_TA0110_00010_CSL5||Chinese soldier||（カチドキ。「ウォー」「ヤー」といった声を上げる）||(Victory shout. Making noises like "Woah" "Yah")|
|Well, I'll only get sunburned if I stay still.
I'll just have to go for now.
|C08_TA0020_00010_BAYO||Bayonetta||砂嵐……やだ、髪がいたんじゃう||Sandstorm...... Goodness, my hair is damaged.|
|Jeanne, what's the matter, are you lost? I think I'm lost in the storm myself.|
|C08_TA0040_00010_BAYO||Bayonetta||嵐も止んで、涼やかな景色が心地いいわ||The storm has stopped, and the cool air feels nice and refreshing.|
|I don't want to go sand-bathing. I have to be careful not to fall in.|
|How could you look at me and call me a "princess"... What on earth is wrong with Jeanne?|
- The following appears to be a scrapped "flashback" event between Bayonetta β3 and Jeanne β3. Its ID of "TA20x0" places it directly after the first encounter with Jeanne β3 in the oasis. The final subtitles' labels also refer to Jeanne β3 as "BETJ", but here she is called "BEPJ".
I'll take care of them, you must turn back!
|Good grief, you're an unreasonable one.
I'm telling you you're dead weight!
|I'll take care of these guys.
Please, go hide somewhere!
|Seems like that did the trick.
... Let's hurry.
|C09_TA0040_00010_BAYO||Bayonetta||信じてるわよ、もう一人の私||I believe in you, the other me.|
- When Inspector Enzeau calls Rosa β4 by her codename, he uses the Arabic numeral 1 rather than the kanji character 一.
|Early||今日こそ逮捕だー、怪盗アンブラン１世！！||Today's the day I arrest you, Umbran Thief N.1!|
|Final||今日こそ逮捕だー 怪盗アンブラン一世！！||Today's the day I arrest you, Umbran Thief N.1!|
SoundMacro.bxm in sound001.pkz holds sound parameter data for BGM tracks. One section defines "PlayerType"s for each character, which allows the game to change the battle BGM depending on which character is being played. Bayonetta, Jeanne, and Viola are listed as PlayerTypes, as expected, but "Rosa" and "Other" are listed as well. This may indicate Rosa was planned as a playable character, but it could also simply be some sort of leftover from Bayonetta 2 (in which Rosa and Loki were also playable in Story Mode).
ログ出力PlayerType <Group Comment="ログ出力PlayerType"> <Filter EventName="!PlayerType_is_Bayonetta" Delay="0" Control="Continue" Comment=""> <Condition Type="PlayerType" Comparison="EQ" Value="Bayonetta" Comment=""></Condition> </Filter> <Filter EventName="!PlayerType_is_Janne" Delay="0" Control="Continue" Comment=""> <Condition Type="PlayerType" Comparison="EQ" Value="Jeanne" Comment=""></Condition> </Filter> <Filter EventName="!PlayerType_is_Viola" Delay="0" Control="Continue" Comment=""> <Condition Type="PlayerType" Comparison="EQ" Value="Viora" Comment=""></Condition> </Filter> <Filter EventName="!PlayerType_is_Rosa" Delay="0" Control="Continue" Comment=""> <Condition Type="PlayerType" Comparison="EQ" Value="Rosa" Comment=""></Condition> </Filter> <Filter EventName="!PlayerType_is_Other" Delay="0" Control="Continue" Comment=""> <Condition Type="PlayerType" Comparison="EQ" Value="Other" Comment=""></Condition> </Filter> </Group>
Within the sound000.pkz\bgm\BGM_us folder is an unused version of the "Night Shadows Dancing" battle music. The first audio file is the song's introduction, and the second is the song itself. The only differences seem to be in the mixing-- the drums are significantly louder, for instance.
This folder contains incredibly short clips of songs from the first and second game, as well. Multiple files throughout the folder also appear to use a snippet of a completely unused song as a placeholder.
|Let's Hit The Climax!|
|GM02 Chapter Clear|
|EV03-2 Shopping (A)|
|Gomorrah - Devourer Of The Divine - Battle Begins|
|Gomorrah - Battle Halfway Up|
|Gomorrah - Battle On The Roof|
|Gomorrah - Climax|
|Time For The Climax!|
|ST01 The Water Capital Of Noatun|
|Glamor - In Charm And Allure - Battle Begins|
|Glamor - Just One Left|
|Glamor - Climax|
|The Lumen Sage|
|A Butterfly Against The Storm|
|Valor - In Courage And Gallantry - Underwater Battle|
|ST15 The Great War, Land Battle - Battle Begins|
|ST15 The Great War, Land Battle - Sapientia Appears|
An unused tutorial video of Bayonetta activating Witch Time and performing a PPPPP combo on a Stratus. It is used as a placeholder for a variety of skill demonstration videos.
There are twelve files in the movie folder labeled from "evff01" to "evff12". They show an in-progress version of the Chapter 1 cutscene where the JDF soldiers attempt to fight off the Homunculi. There is debug text in the top right corner, fewer fog effects, and an extra soldier in the background at 0:07.
The movie folder also has five early clips of the pole dance sequence. The camera angles and zoom levels are different, and there are no transitions to the battle snapshots after each clip. The ending shot with the moon in the background also remains in sepia rather than fading into full color.
- z4220.dat is a model of the exhibit seen in a Chapter 11 cutscene, in which Bayonetta β4 and Rosa β4 are confronted by Inspector Enzeau while stealing the Chaos Gear.
- The files ev7031.evn through ev7035.evn, found in the event_001 folder, contain motion data for the Let's Dance, Baby ending video.
This patch was released on October 27, 2022.
- Additional scenes for Naive Angel Mode were added.
- One scene is found in the Prologue, where Bayonetta first encounters the Strati and dons her battle clothes. No skin is exposed while her dress is being sliced off, and the purple aura around her is made brighter as to obscure her body.
- Online Rankings were enabled.
- A checkpoint for starting at Ginnungagap was added to Chapter 13, between "Chapter 13 Start" and "Living Warship".
- The three keys necessary to unseal the Old Picture Book were added.
- Cereza and Cheshire from Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon were added to the Congratulations screen.
- "Continue", "New Game", and "Options" on the title menu were capitalized.
- Naive Angel Mode's description was changed from "Change some of the more "mature" depictions in the game into something a bit lighter. See if you can spot the differences!" to "Turn this function on to change some of the in-game depictions. Violence, gore, and exposure will be reduced."
- A Chapter 5 Bewitchment was changed from "Accidentally overtake Luka." to "Pass the ladder-holding soldier before Luka."
- The faerie king's name was changed from "Lucaon" to "Lukaon".
This patch was released on January 10, 2023.
- Viola's "Block" activation window and Witch Time activation conditions were adjusted and made easier.
- "Block" can now be used with Dodge Offset to continue combos.
- Niflheim stage conditions were changed to lower the difficulty.
- Golem Treasure Chests have been made less difficult to complete, and their animation can be fast-forwarded with the B button.
- The three Tricolored Keys needed to unseal the Old Picture Book are now automatically given to the player once the Gates of Hell can be accessed.
- Even if the player has already obtained one or two keys, the remaining keys will be automatically obtained at the Chapter Select screen.
- Various game balance, weapon, combat, and camera changes.
- Various bug fixes.
- The names of Viola's Torture Cats t-shirts were altered.
- "Stake Cat" is now "Lucky Stakes".
- "Spike Cat" is now "Miké the Spike".
- All instances of Mike's name were changed to "Miké".
- "Shock Cat" is now "Shockin' Shorty".
- "Bleed Cat" is now "Bleedin' Rex".
- Viola's height and weight were changed.
- Her height, "1.8 m (estimated)", is now "1.7 m (estimated)".
- Her weight, "64 kg (estimated)", is now "?? kg".
The Bayonetta series
|PlayStation 3, Xbox 360||Bayonetta (Demo)|
|Wii U||Bayonetta 2|
|Nintendo Switch||Bayonetta 3 • Bayonetta Origins: Cereza and the Lost Demon|
|HTML 5||Angel Land|
- Pages missing developer references
- Games developed by PlatinumGames
- Pages missing publisher references
- Games published by Nintendo
- Nintendo Switch games
- Games released in 2022
- Games with unused graphics
- Games with unused models
- Games with unused cinematics
- Games with unused music
- Games with unused text
- Games with revisional differences
- Works In Progress
- Articles needing translation/ja
- Articles needing proofread/ja
- To do
- Bayonetta series
Cleanup > Articles needing proofread > Articles needing proofread/ja
Cleanup > Articles needing translation > Articles needing translation/ja
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Cleanup > To do
Cleanup > Works In Progress
Games > Games by content > Games with revisional differences
Games > Games by content > Games with unused cinematics
Games > Games by content > Games with unused graphics
Games > Games by content > Games with unused models
Games > Games by content > Games with unused music
Games > Games by content > Games with unused text
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by PlatinumGames
Games > Games by platform > Nintendo Switch games
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Nintendo
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 2022
Games > Games by series > Bayonetta series