Bug! (Sega Saturn)
Also known as: Bug!: Jump Shite, Fundzukechatte, Pecchanko (JP)
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.
Help us out and
Bug! is a game featuring a failed mascot.
On the main menu, press B, A, B, Y, Down (South), Right (East), A, L, Down (South). A "Yikes!" sound effect should play if successful. Note the cheat code itself spells "BABY SEALS".
While playing the game, hold L and press Up to go the next stage or hold L and press Down to go to the previous stage.
Note: This code does not work in the Japanese version.
The Japanese version allows unlimited use of the save feature, whereas the international builds have a countdown, which limits the amount of times the player can pick up where they left off. While the Japanese version still retains the counter, it remains static and never decreases.
In the international builds, Insectia's pincher bug enemy immediately charges at the player, while in the Japanese version, it waits until the player is closer to it.
- When Bug dies in the international versions, the surrounding area turns pitch black in most cases. In the Japanese version, the area remains as-is in all instances.
- The Zap power-up has more ammo in the Japanese version than it does in the international builds.
- At Insectia Scene 1, the bonus stage differs between the Japanese and international builds. In the former, the bouncy mushrooms bonus stage is loaded, while in the latter, it's the falling boulders bonus instead.
- In the Japanese version, enemies that were killed prior to entering a bonus stage will not respawn after leaving.
- In the Japanese version, some checkpoints were added in places where they originally weren't in the international versions.
The Bug! series
|Bug! • Bug Too! (Prototypes)