The very first CD-ROM add-on for a video game console ever to be produced, the TurboGrafx-CD was released at a time when the media was still in its infancy. The add-on was not much of a success in the U.S., due to the TurboGrafx-16 itself never getting much traction in the U.S. However, it was very popular in Japan, where it was known as the PC Engine CD-ROM² System, and its lack of region protection (unlike HuCards) helped spur its popularity among importers.
Later CD-ROM² discs require the use of an upgrade card called the Super System Card, which updates the system's BIOS and adds extra RAM (an updated model of the add-on was also released in Japan that have the BIOS and RAM upgrade built-in). These games were labelled Super CD-ROM² discs in both, Japan and the U.S. A third standard of CD-ROM² discs, known as Arcade CD-ROM² discs, were exclusive to Japan and required one of the two Arcade Card upgrades that were available, depending on which model of the CD-ROM² System add-on you're using.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "TurboGrafx-CD games"
The following 101 pages are in this category, out of 101 total.
- Choujikuu Yousai Macross 2036
- Choujikuu Yousai Macross: Eien no Love Song
- Color Wars
- Cosmic Fantasy 2
- Cosmic Fantasy 3: Bouken Shounen Rei
- Cosmic Fantasy 4: Ginga Shounen Densetsu Gekitouhen
- Cosmic Fantasy 4: Ginga Shounen Densetsu Totsunyuuhen
- Cosmic Fantasy: Bouken Shounen Yuu
- Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams (TurboGrafx-CD)
- Seirei Senshi Spriggan
- Snatcher CD-ROMantic
- Space Invaders: The Original Game (TurboGrafx-CD)
- Splash Lake
- Spriggan Mark 2: Re-Terraform Project
- Star Breaker (TurboGrafx-CD)
- Startling Odyssey II: Maryuu Sensou
- Super Air Zonk
- Super Darius
- Super Raiden
- Super Schwarzschild II
- Sword Master (TurboGrafx-CD)