This game has unused playable characters.
Like Nonono Puzzle Chalien, some of the music and sound effects in the game may be unused. Zophar's Domain has a GBS rip.
Chee-Chai Alien is a Game Boy Color exclusive game where the player collects aliens, known as Chaliens (Chailiens in Japan), from artificial light sources using the Game Boy Color's Infrared Port, which came packed with a peripheral to amplify the infrared signal. Since the Game Boy Advance/SP have no infrared port, the game gives an incompatibility message if it is played on a newer Game Boy model. It was developed by Creatures, Inc. after the success of Pokémon. The player can play minigames with their Chaliens, and extract their dark matter (as part of removing 'white space') into vials to gradually progress through the story.
The unused menus can be accessed with Game Genie code XX4-C78-F77 (no save file) or XX5-1A8-086 (save file which progressed past the intro exists) after choosing the first option on the title screen, or GameShark code 010B7CC5, however there may be differences between how the menus are loaded between the Game Genie and GameShark methods.
Menu $07 is likely the unused menu with the internal name "bttntest". The player can increase the bottom display by rapidly pressing buttons and it decreases back down to 0 when no buttons are pressed. The top two numbers will show the 'high-score'. The tiles from the minigame "Sim Chalien" are also loaded into the memory for this menu. In fact, its index number directly follows on from menu 06 (the Sim Chalien minigame) itself, however there is seemingly no way to normally access the button test from this minigame.
Menu $0B is an unused interface where the player can select Chaliens. A number will appear on the screen marking which entry the player has selected (the numbers range from 000-126). The Chaliens are not in the order they appear in the Space Research Notes and are ordered here by index number.
Use Left / Right on the D-Pad to scroll backwards or forwards, respectively. Use Up or Down to flip the Chalien vertically. The player can also select special characters such as Rabuta (a secret Chalien based on Nintendo's Love Tester).
The unused Chaliens also have cries, upload them too.
To unlock these Chaliens, use codes 01xx57C8 and 01xx22C9, then get a new Chalien through infrared (certain experimental versions of VisualBoyAdvance conveniently enable a max strength signal permanently). Disable these codes immediately after obtaining the Chalien to avoid a major potential glitch that can break the pheromone menu.
If the player hasn't already unlocked all the valid Chaliens, obtaining one of the unused ones may trigger the staff credits.
- 00: ブベーロ (Bubēro) - Can also be obtained with code 01407CC5 on the main menu, no infrared required. No sprite. Bubēro has no minigame. Trying to play a minigame with Bubēro brings the player back to the title screen.
- 01: サラバ (Saraba) - The story character Saraba; no sprite for the usual menus. Saraba requires 700 Cosmo points for their minigame, which is curiously Stereo Chalien (used by a few other Chaliens like Basara), however, Saraba's version of the minigame title screen is glitched, probably because there are no sprites for them there. Additionally trying to play the minigame once on the minigame title may freeze the game.
- 10: ヒロイブウ (Hiroibuu) - A Chalien without any sprite. Its minigame is the pig abducting minigame (Buta o Tsuru Uchuubito, also used by Sachi) and is unlocked with 700 Cosmo points. It may have been a scrapped Chalien.
- 69: ショー (Shо̄) - A seemingly scrapped small and lean slime/or maybe tree(?) like Chalien with a red orb at its center. It requires 200 Cosmo points for its minigame, which is the battle game shared by many Chaliens (Kachinuki!: KuruKuru Battle).
- 6D: スッピョン (Suppyon) - A yellow triangle Chalien with orange cheeks and a seemingly scrapped Chalien. It requires 200 Cosmo points for its minigame, which is the battle game shared by many Chaliens (Kachinuki!: KuruKuru Battle).
- 78: フェロ０ (Phero 0) - Presumably one of the Pheromone Baddies. It has a sprite.
- 79: フェロ１ (Phero 1) - Presumably one of the Pheromone Baddies. It has a sprite.
- 7A: フェロ２ (Phero 2) - Presumably one of the Pheromone Baddies. It has a sprite.
- 7B: フェロ３ (Phero 3) - Presumably one of the Pheromone Baddies. It has a sprite.
- 7C: フェロ４ (Phero 4) - Presumably one of the Pheromone Baddies. It has a sprite.
- 7D: フェロ５ (Phero 5) - Presumably one of the Pheromone Baddies. It has a sprite.
- 7E: マネキン (Mannequin) - A gray Mannequin, probably used for showing off Chalien mutations/hairstyles. Its sprite displays properly but it moves around chaotically on the observation screen.
At 42AE is a list of internal menu names.
wgame tako pattin1 katori acatch simalien bttntest butahole sdi senno ' annma hisen ( gru imi ) osa * nks + tns , mcir - gpic . motos M mini syageki M mini puchi M mini bomb M mini break M mini catch M mini hanten M mini rank M mini nen alientest tmenu battle adex tutorial S option butadark k_koku F title
The Chalien series
|Game Boy Color||Chee-Chai Alien|
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Cleanup > To do
Games > Games by content > Games with debugging functions
Games > Games by content > Games with unused characters
Games > Games by content > Games with unused text
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by Creatures
Games > Games by platform
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Creatures
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 2001
Games > Games by series > Chalien series
The Cutting Room Floor > Unimportant Awards > Game Boy games > Game Boy Color games