Dragon Spirit: The New Legend
|Dragon Spirit: The New Legend|
Also known as: Dragon Spirit: Aratanaru Densetsu (JP)
A dragon travels through the world's history! Yeah, it's like that.
At the title screen, hold A + B + Up on Controller 2 and press Reset.
Enter the Sound Test mode. Then press Up, Up, B, Down, Down, B on the second controller. Another pair of numbers will appear under the sound index numbers. Use the D-Pad on the second controller to select the starting level.
For a long time, the requirements for the maidens to appear after each area have remained a mystery, but thanks to Famicomall, it has been solved. Normally when you beat an Area, the maiden is rescued, but she appears as a shadow. However, if you fulfill the following conditions, they'll show up, give you a different message and will grant some help. However, it doesn't change the story or ending if you rescue them or not. This only applies to the "Blue Dragon" route, because the maidens always appear in the "Gold Dragon" route.
Blue Dragon route:
- Area 1: The maiden always appears, leaves a message.
- Area 2: Appears if your Firepower is below three, restores your energy.
- Area 3: Appears at random (50% chance), gives a 1up.
- Area 4: Appears if your Dragon has less than three heads, restores energy.
- Area 5: Appears at random (50% chance), gives a 1up.
- Area 6: Appears if your Dragon has less than three heads, restores energy.
If you lose on the prologue stage, a cutscene shows the character waking up. For the US version, a shirt was added to the character.
In the Japanese version, press Select 20 times at the good ending scene where Iris is riding on top of the Dragon's head to lift her skirt up. The code was removed in the USA version of the game, but the upskirt graphics are still present inside the ROM.
|Japanese/US scene||Japanese Only|
The US staff roll is a bit different from the Japanese version.
Below is a translation:
PRODUCE ねぎちゃん GAME.CHARA DESIGN はろ ７０００ CHARACTER DESIGN ばっかす おはる SOUND DESIGN ぶるじょあ きよし PROGRAM やっぴい あさきち
PRODUCE Negi-chan GAME.CHARA DESIGN Haro 7000 CHARACTER DESIGN Bacchus Oharu SOUND DESIGN Bourgeois Kiyoshi PROGRAM Yappy Asakichi
PRODUCE Mr.NEGI GAME DEISGN HARO 7000 CHARACTER DESIGN BACCHUS HARU SOUND DESIGN RICH KIYOSHI PROGRAM YAPPY
- Negi-chan was renamed to Mr. Negi.
- The role GAME.CHARA DESIGN was renamed to GAME DESIGN.
- Bourgeois Kiyoshi was renamed to Rich Kiyoshi, implying that the US name Rich is not based on the name "Richard", but rather rich as in a rich person.
- Yappy Asakichi was renamed to just Yappy.
- The Japanese version's The End screen has the Namcot logo, while the US version has Namco in plain white text.
The Dragon Spirit series
|Arcade||Dragon Spirit • Dragon Saber|
|TurboGrafx-16||Dragon Spirit • Dragon Saber|
|NES||Dragon Spirit: The New Legend|