Dragon Warrior VII
|Dragon Warrior VII|
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Dragon Warrior VII is, as you may have guessed, the seventh Dragon Quest game. It's also the only title which hadn't had a proper remake until the 3DS era- unlike a similarly numbered rival RPG, which merely got rereleased for the PC with very few alterations.
The Japanese version's subtitle, "Eden no Senshitachi", means "Warriors of Eden", and was the last game released outside of Japan with the Dragon Warrior name. Just so you know.
Hidden things in the enemy graphics.
Use Action Replay code 800F2518 0100 (US) or 800F7798 0100 (Japan), then press Select while in control of your character to access the menu, which has been Romanized in Western releases. Among the options are:
- Dokodemo rula and Dokodemo rula2 - Warp options. You can access the Debug Floor this way, a literally unfinished map with missing tiles, and lots of animals.
- Saikyou - Maxes out classes, level, money...
- Zenkaifuku - Grants full health and revives dead party members.
- Hitojyoutai - Affects a status effect permanently.
- Level Up - Edit levels, stats, and experience for each party member.
- Tenshoku - Lets you choose a job class for a party member.
- Gold - Changes the amount of Gold.
- BankMAX - Maxes out the gold in the bank.
- Nakama kaiwa - Untranslated menu with more options(?)
- Flagshop - Can set the event flag for any point in the game.
- Program Start - Displays coordinates on screen.
- Memory Card - Brings up more menus, unsure of what they do.
- Windows config -
- Gakkyoku test - Lets you play background music by selecting a track from 0 - 40.
- Sound test - Lets you play sound effects. 0-433 work. Beyond that range will crash the game.
- Sentaku encount - An enemy combat test, against a custom team.
- Monster Anime - Works kind of like the bestiary within the game, but also displays unused monsters.
- Monster Modify - You can modify every attribute of every monster in the game, including their drop tables and encounter frequency.
- HP settei - Sets a character's HP.
- MP settei - Sets a character's MP.
- Shokuhyou Keikenchi - Sets the amount of battle experience you have for a class.
- Debug Koumoku - Has a lot of miscellaneous things to change and play with. From displaying the world map as a wire frame, to avoiding collisions with objects.
- Game joyoutai - Unknown.
- Party member - Pretty self explanatory. You can select up to three other main party members and one 'guest' party member.
- Shokugyou Level - Lets you change the level that a character has in their specific class.
- Shokugyou Keireki - Unsure.
- Mahoukouka movie - Displays a given battle technique animation.
- Event movie - Plays a cutscene.
- Sekiban Puzzel - Teleports you to the first of the tablet puzzles.
- Job Level iciran - Enables the job classes at Dharma temple.
- Spline test - Crashes the game.
- Old Flgshop - Unknown.
- Zenkaino Floor - Displays the name of the last floor you were on.
- Sentou Nakama kaiwa - Displays a lot of in battle chat.
- Zen monser deatta - Unknown.
The Dragon Warrior / Dragon Quest series
|NES||Dragon Warrior • Dragon Warrior II • Dragon Warrior III • Dragon Warrior IV|
|MSX||Dragon Quest • Dragon Quest II|
|SNES||Dragon Quest I & II • Dragon Quest III • Dragon Quest V • Dragon Quest VI • Torneko no Daibouken: Fushigi no Dungeon|
|Game Boy (Color)||Dragon Warrior I & II • Dragon Warrior III • Dragon Warrior Monsters • Dragon Warrior Monsters 2|
|PlayStation||Dragon Warrior VII|
|PlayStation 2||Dragon Quest V • Dragon Quest VIII|
|Game Boy Advance||Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart|
|Nintendo DS||Dragon Quest IV • Dragon Quest V • Dragon Quest VI • Dragon Quest IX|
|Nintendo 3DS||Theatrhythm Dragon Quest • Dragon Quest VII • Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest 3|
|PlayStation 4, Windows||Dragon Quest Builders 2 • Dragon Quest XI|
|Nintendo Switch||Dragon Quest Builders 2 • Dragon Quest XI|