Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)
|Grand Theft Auto V|
Developer: Rockstar North
This game has hidden development-related text.
This game has a prerelease article
|This page is loooong...|
Consider grouping related content into additional subpages to ease readability.
|This game's online features are no longer supported.|
While this game's online features were once accessible, they are (as of December 16, 2021) no longer officially supported and online-exclusive features may be documented as now-unseen content.
Grand Theft Auto V is the follow-up to Grand Theft Auto IV, this time taking place in Los Santos and Blaine County with three playable characters instead of one. As usual with every Grand Theft Auto installment, this game took yet another step on the technical side. It also saw a very divisive change in both Rockstar and their online experiences with Grand Theft Auto Online.
This page covers the content first found in the PS3/X360 generation releases.
- 1 Sub-Page
- 2 Grand Theft Auto IV/Episodes From Liberty City Leftovers
- 3 Build Changelog
- 4 missions.xml
- 5 Scrapped Singleplayer DLC?
- 6 Unused Models
- 7 Unused Videos
- 8 Oddities
- 9 Unused Text
- 10 Unused Vehicles
- 11 Removed Radio Songs
- 12 Revisional Differences
- 13 Regional Differences
| Unused Mission-Related Text and Audio|
| Unused Audio|
Cut Score, mission completion tunes for each character, and lots of audio from the police radio, even mentioning horses!
| Unused Textures|
| Inaccessible Content|
All the stuff that got forever locked behind the trio.
Grand Theft Auto IV/Episodes From Liberty City Leftovers
Lots. Including Liberty Rock Radio announcement leftovers.
Grand Theft Auto V is built off of the engine of Grand Theft Auto IV, which would be used in other games like Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire and Max Payne 3. As stated in an interview, Rockstar Games wanted to make the game "feel different from IV" by changing over a lot of things. While a lot of things were made over for the sunny West Coast setting, there are quite a bit of leftovers found in the files.
LCPD Police Computer
A ton of textures of the LCPD police computer from Grand Theft Auto IV are here. When you look in the interior of the Police Interceptor and even the civilian Stanier, you can see a low-res LCPD police computer that's black and white.
Circular Map HUD
The map HUD from Grand Theft Auto IV is found in Hudold.xtd. According to some leaked portfolio pictures and the builds.xml file, it was used in development before it got replaced with a rectangular map HUD later on.
There's also the textures for the radar, thumbs down, dropping a grenade, etc.
File: GTAV-builds.zip (139 KB) (info)
Inside the game's common.rpf, there is a file called builds.xml, a changelog of the game's many builds throughout development, with the earliest dating back to April 2009. Amongst other stuff, there are many references to the original Cops N Crooks-based multiplayer mode for the game. It also contains numerous internal Rockstar website URLs, mentioning an internal wiki with build revision histories.
Similarly, before the game was released, some configuration files were leaked that mentioned an 'Orbis' version of the game. 'Orbis' was the codename of the PlayStation 4 before release.
This file is not found on the PS4/XONE/PC versions of the game.
Go through it and list the cut/changed missions.
File: GTAV-missions.xml.zip (54 KB) (info)
Only present in these versions of the game is missions.xml. A file that contains developer notes with information of most, if not all, the missions in the game, including ones that were removed or changed.
Scrapped Singleplayer DLC?
Expand on this.
After Grand Theft Auto Online was launched, Rockstar Games said that there would be some DLC in the coming months. This led to fans creating countless rumors and fakes about probable DLC coming to singleplayer mode, but this was all debunked by a question answered by Rockstar in 2017 claiming that they don’t have any DLC planned for single player. However, there are quite a bit of leftovers that further prove that it was planned after all.
Unused DLC Selection Menu
Exclusively to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 releases, there are remains of an unused DLC selection menu in a very similar vein to Episodes From Liberty City which can only be accessed by hacking the game.
On the DLC screen, there are three different titles saying "GTA", "Trevor", and "Dead" which are all likely placeholder DLC titles. Selecting any of the titles besides "GTA" brings the player to a completely blank map with Michael De Santa as the playable character.
According to the code, the "Dead" DLC would have likely involved zombies in a very similar vein to Undead Nightmare in Red Dead Redemption.
- Female Families gang members
It is unknown why they unused.
Put the video here.
The new episode of Princess Robot Bubblegum cannot be seen in-game, despite it being seen in the credits and not being available until the enhanced releases. However, the video for the full episode remains in the files.
Using a save editor, your character will unlock every single contact in the game's files. You can even get some storyline-related contacts, unused ones, and some from Grand Theft Auto Online. There's even a test contact named Dummy_1 that can't be connected to.
The trailer owned by Ortega from the mission Mr. Philips is actually a vehicle that can be spawned in your hangar with a save editor. It's missing the entire rear wall for some strange reason. Once spawned, it emits smoke from the chimneys, and pressing Triangle/Y to enter the trailer actually works; your character will go through the wall and "drive" it. Obviously though, it has no handling at all and can't move at all. Entering from the "passenger" side will open one of the doors. The inside of the trailer is detailed but has no collision and nothing is able to be interacted with it.
In the overpass on Del Perro Fwy, there is an area where you can pass through the rails. Under the right circumstances (lighting/camera maneuvering), A low-resolution bar of railing appears in the gap, suggesting that at one point in time the gap was covered, and they simply removed a section to create the area to pass through.
Lack of Vinewood Boulevard Radio Interest
Cars in Grand Theft Auto IV and V can be heard playing music from the outside, which come from the radio stations. Strangely, no car ever listens to Vinewood Boulevard Radio likely because it was the last radio station to be implemented in the game (as the filename of the station says RADIO_18_90S_ROCK). This was not fixed for enhanced releases.
To further prove this theory, the game had different radio stations during development, as Vinewood Boulevard originally started out as a station going by the name of "Pre-Millenium Radio" (as seen from the now-lost beta build), that played Britpop and Grunge music.
There is an unused description of the Tug, that would later be released for Grand Theft Auto Online in next-generation versions.
** Placeholder Tug Description **
While it simply says that, it has an actual description in the Polish-language version!
|Unused Polish Description||Translation|
Od dreszczyku żeglarskiej przygody dzieli cię tylko zaliczka. Łapiesz wiatr w żagle, a twój pokład przepełniony jest imigrantami. Kilka godzin później morska woda i zatrważająco niska prędkość pozwoliły ci odkryć uczucie wewnętrznego spokoju. Niedługo później mijasz straż nadbrzeżną i nadchodzi twoja kolej w beczce. To jest życie.
The thrill of seafaring adventure is only a downpayment away. You set sail with a fair wind and a hull brimming with illegal immigrants. Hours later, the sea spray and astonishingly poor top speed have brought you a newfound sense of inner peace. Before long, you cruise past the port authorities, and it's your turn in the barrel. This is the life.
Internal Online Update Codenames
Some of the Grand Theft Auto Online updates actually have codenames that are found in the files, which are used to mark each of them. It's worth nothing that they were released in a different order, likely to further coincide with the holiday season. While "mp" is short for "multiplayer", "ng" is short for next-generation (referring to the PlayStation 4/Xbox One and PC releases) and "sp" is likely short for "singleplayer", meaning that downloadable content single player was originally planned.
|Internal Order (Codenames)||Internal Order (Update Names)||Released Order (Codenames)||Released Order (Update Names)|
|Beach Bum Update
The Business Update
Valentine's Day Massacre Special
The High Life Update
I'm not a Hipster
Independence Day Special
San Andreas Flight School Update
Last Team Standing Update
|Beach Bum Update|
Valentine's Day Massacre Special
The Business Update
The High Life Update
I'm not a Hipster
Independence Day Special
San Andreas Flight School Update
Last Team Standing Update
Accessible online server
In 1.01-1.12 (TUs 1-5 for Xbox 360) version,there is a feature allows you to create a temporary character for online and let you play online on a temporary server but you will lost data if you leaving GTA online
TXDCut.ide is still a leftover Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas file, and it's disturbing to see this STILL in the game's common.rpf. TXDCut.ide simply redirected the cutscene cars textures to the non-cutscene version cars, like the cutscene Greenwood uses the non-cs Greenwood's texture.
blah@.xml contains a bunch of random letters.
Since the GTA Online and Social Club features permanently stopped working on December 16, 2021, a couple of exclusive vehicles cannot be driven unless the player is using a trainer. The list of vehicles is:
- Elegy RH8
- HVY Insurgent
- Karin Kuruma
- Principe Lectro
- Karin Technical
- Lampadati Casco
- Vapid Guardian
- Lost Slamvan
In turn, there are also variants of vehicles that only appeared in GTA Online:
- Standard Declasse Gang Burrito
- Post-OP Boxville
- Heist Mule
- Velum 5-Seater
- Insurgent Pick-Up
- Kuruma (Armored)
Removed Radio Songs
Specify whether or not the songs exist in full, listenable format - or are just mentioned in text form.
Within the American.gxt file, several cut songs intended for radio stations can be found. Unlike the last game, this one has a lot more. Songs marked with a "*" were later added for Enhanced Versions.
The Blue Ark
- Bramma feat. Elephant Man - Duh Weh Mi Waah
- Busy Signal feat. Damian Marley - Kingston Town*
- Danny Hensworth - Mr. Money Man*
- Dennis Brown - Westbound Train
- Gregory Isaacs - Slum
- Junior Murvin - Police and Thieves
- Lee Perry & The Upsetters - Jungle Lion
- Leo Graham - Want a Wine
- Linval Thompson - Jah Jah The Conquerer
- Sean Paul - Temperature
- Sizzla - Living Up
The Lowdown 91.1
- Edwin Starr - Easin' In
- Eric Burdon & War - Magic Mountain*
- Johnny "Guitar" Watson - Superman Lover*
- Marvin Gaye - I Want You (Vocal)
- Ohio Players - Fopp
- The Delfonics - Funny Feeling*
- The Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get
- The Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- The Jackson Sisters - I Believe In Miracles*
- The Kay-Gees - Master Plan
- The Meters - Cissy Strut
- The Pointer Sisters - Yes We Can Can
- War - Slippin' Into Darkness
- Weldon Irvine - We Gettin' Down
Radio Mirror Park
- !!! - One Girl/One Boy*
- Digitalism - 2 Hearts
- Ducktails - Assistant Director
- Friendly Fires - Hurting
- Future Islands - Before the Bridge
- Gold Fields - Thunder
- Junior Boys - ep
- Miike Snow - Animal
- Mitzi - Truly Alive*
- Moving Units - Until She Says
- Niki & The Dove - The Drummer*
- Panama - One Piece
- Rainbow Arabia - Blind
- SebastiAn feat. Mayer Hawthorne - Love In Motion
- The Ruby Suns - In Real Life*
- The Shoes - Time to Dance
- Toro Y Moi - Day One
- Toro Y Moi - New Beat*
- Twin Shadow - Run My Heart
- Ultraísta - Smalltalk (Four Tet Remix)
- Con Funk Shun - Ffun
- George Duke - Reach For It
- Kleeer - Intimate Connection
- Rick James - Mary Jane
- Rick James - You and I
- Zapp - Be Alright (LP Version)
Vinewood Boulevard Radio
- Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up To Dry
- DIIV - Doused
- Hanni El Khatib - Head In the Dirt
- Hanni El Khatib - Pay No Mind
- No Age - Eraser
- Psychic Ills - I Get By
- Tame Impala - Solitude Is Bliss
- The Soft Pack - Answer to Yourself*
Los Santos Rock Radio
- Alannah Myles - Black Velvet*
- Crowded House - It's Only Natural
- Duran Duran - Serious
- Golden Earring - Radar Love
- Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
- Kiki Dee - Star
- Michael McDonald - Blink of An Eye
- Paul Weller - Round and Round
- Ram Jam - Black Betty
- Rare Earth - Get Ready
- Robbie Dupree - Steal Away
- Robert Lamm - Sleeping in the Middle of the Bed (Again)
- Small Faces - Tin Soldier
- Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)
- Stevie Nicks - Sable On Blond
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- The Clash - This Is Radio Clash
- The Cult - Lil' Devil
- The Cult - Outlaw
- The Cult - Wild Flower
- The Prime Movers - Strong As I Am
Non-Stop Pop FM
- The Black Eyed Peas - Meet Me Halfway*
- Belinda Carlisle - Circle in the Sand*
- Cassie - Me & U*
- Cobra Starship feat. Sabi - You Make Me Feel...
- Duncan Sheik - She Runs Away
- Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull - I Like It
- Estelle feat. Kanye West - American Boy
- Jamiroquai - Love Foolosophy
- Kevin Rudolf feat. Lil Wayne - Let It Rock
- Kylie Minogue - Surrender
- Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me*
- Moloko - The Time Is Now*
- Morcheeba - Tape Loop (Shortcheeba Mix)*
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Robbie Williams & Kylie Minogue - Kids*
- Seal - Future Love Paradise
- Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground (Bluebottle Mix)**
- Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson & D.O.E. - The Way I Are
- Wilson Phillips - Hold On
Me & U by Cassie was actually supposed to appear in the previous game, on 98.8 The Vibe. **Also, the original version of 6 Underground by Sneaker Pimps was bought back for next-generation releases rather than the Bluebottle Mix. Circle in the Sand eventually was re-purposed for Los Santos Rock Radio.
Radio Los Santos
- A$AP Rocky feat. Drake, 2 Chainz & Kendrick Lamar - Fuckin' Problems
- Buddy - Awesome Awesome
- Danny Brown & Action Bronson - Bad News*
- French Montana feat. Rick Ross, Drake & Lil Wayne - Pop That
- Glasses Malone feat. Jay Rock - No Sympathy
- Tyga - Rack City
- T.I. feat. Trae tha Truth - What It Do
- Waka Flocka Flame - Rooster In My Rari
- Bad Religion - We're Only Gonna Die
- Circle Jerks - Dude
- Descendents - Ride The Wild
- D.R.I. - I Don't Need Society*
- Redd Kross - Linda Blair*
- The Alley Cats - Nothing Means Nothing Anymore
- The Germs - Manimal
- The Gun Club - Sex Beat
- The Zeros - Don't Push Me Around*
- X - Los Angeles*
- Bob Dylan - Subterranean Homesick Blues
- Charlie Feathers - Get With It*
- Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln
- Hank Williams III - D. Ray White
- Jimmy Martin - Run Pete Run
- Johnny Paycheck - (Pardon Me) I've Got Someone To Kill
- Waylon Jennings - This Time
West Coast Classics
- 2Pac feat. K-Ci & JoJo - How Do U Want It
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Mr. Bill Collector
- DJ Pooh feat. Kam - Whoop! Whoop!
- Mack 10 feat. Ice Cube & WC - Westside Slaughterhouse
- Nate Dogg - I Got Love
- Spice 1 feat. MC Eiht - The Murda Show*
- Warren G feat. Nate Dogg - Regulate
Which update first introduced this change? These screenshots are taken on the initial base disc version and the most recent patch.
- The Snapmatic originally only had a scanline filter that's permanently enabled and has far less features in general. Strangely enough, the initial release's permanent scanline filter isn't even available in the latest update that has a dedicated toggle for various filters.
A patch was released on Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3 systems on October 2, 2013.
- Access to GTA Online enabled.
- Fix for interface issues when using Internet on the cell phone after completing the game, or during a mission replay.
- Fix for the Vanilla Unicorn occasionally becoming locked.
- Fix for issues where the character’s money could drop below zero and become stuck there.
- Fix for the Epsilon Program missions not progressing properly after delivering some cars.
- Fix for issue where the Atomic Blimp sometimes does not appear as a phone contact for Collector’s Edition owners.
- Fix for issues with saved vehicles going missing, or losing their upgrades.
- Fixes for several map escape and collision issues along with other various bug fixes.
Released on December 10, 2013.
- The sculpture resembling the real-life Declaration Sculpture was changed to a completely different design, likely due to copyright issues.
|1.00 - 1.06||1.07+|
Japanese Version Changes
|...But what does it mean?|
This game has text or audio that needs to be translated. If you are fluent with this language, please read our translation guidelines and then
Get proper video comparisons and stuff.
The Japanese version of Grand Theft Auto V has a number of changes in the game, to comply with the CERO rating standards in Japan.
- In the cutscene at the start of Mr. Phillips, the scene of Trevor and Ashley having sex has been removed, skipping a few seconds ahead to Trevor staring slackjawed at the TV.
- Tracey's audition outfit worn in the cutscene for Fame or Shame now has panties worn under it.
- In the cutscene at the start of Scouting the Port, Trevor's animation for exposing himself to Floyd remains unchanged, but the actual model swap to remove his pants does not occur, resulting in him miming the act of taking off his pants.
- In the mission By the Book, the notorious torture sequence is disabled - you only see the cutscenes bookending each playable sequence.
- In the mission Paparazzo - The Sex Tape, the animation of Poppy Mitchell and Justin having sex has been replaced with them having a quiet smoke.
- In the mission Reuniting the Family, the tattoo Michael draws on Lazlow is shaped like a rocket instead of a penis. The subtitled dialogue was even reflected to change that:
|Japanese Subtitles||Translation||Original Dialogue|
|Please don't tattoo a cock!|
|煙も少し 描き足してやろうかな？||Should I draw a little bit more smoke?||How 'bout I draw those three pubic hairs on here too?|
|今に発寸前だな？||Is it about to begin now?||Should I draw these three pubic hairs?|
- The strippers at the strip clubs now have pasties to cover their nipples.
- When you take the prostitutes to a secluded area, it automatically goes to one option and the camera becomes unmovable and sits behind the car at a low angle.
- The Japanese Xbox 360 version is region locked.
Surprisingly, the German and Australian versions of the game are completely uncensored.
The Grand Theft Auto series
|Windows||Grand Theft Auto • London 1969 • Grand Theft Auto 2|
|PlayStation||Grand Theft Auto|
|Game Boy Color||Grand Theft Auto 2|
|Dreamcast||Grand Theft Auto 2|
|Windows||Grand Theft Auto III (Definitive Edition) • Vice City (Definitive Edition) • San Andreas (Definitive Edition)|
|PlayStation 2||Grand Theft Auto III • Vice City • San Andreas • Liberty City Stories • Vice City Stories|
|Xbox||Grand Theft Auto III • Vice City • San Andreas|
|Game Boy Advance||Grand Theft Auto Advance (Prototype)|
|PlayStation Portable||Liberty City Stories • Vice City Stories|
|Android, iOS||Grand Theft Auto III • Vice City • San Andreas • Liberty City Stories|
|PlayStation Portable||Chinatown Wars|
|Windows||Grand Theft Auto IV • Grand Theft Auto V|
|PlayStation 3, Xbox 360||Grand Theft Auto IV • Grand Theft Auto V|