If you appreciate the work done within the wiki, please consider supporting The Cutting Room Floor on Patreon. Thanks for all your support!
Prerelease:Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page details prerelease information and/or media for Burnout 2: Point of Impact.
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
Burnout 1 Arrows
A screenshot of an early version of Burnout 2 with the green arrows from Burnout.
A screenshot of a Burnout 2 Demo with the green arrows from Burnout.
In early builds of the game, there were turn indicators, similar to the ones in Burnout.
Early Main Menu
Early Crash Camera
In early builds of the game, the crash camera tends to be more dynamic, just like in Burnout.
This trailer is dated 20th August 2002. It pretty much looks like the final game but has some differences.
- The HUD doesn't appear for races and crashes.
- Supercar was just called Super.
- Various tracks originally had different names. Sunset Valley Springs was known as Sunset Valley Village, Ocean Sprint was known as Point to Point and Crystal Summit Lake was known as Crystal Summit Vista.
- Crash Mode was originally called Crash For Cash.
Crash of the Week Trailers
These trailers show off Crash Mode. They're dated 1st October 2002, a day after the game was released. They have very interesting differences.
- There is no music.
- There is no money increase sound effect when you hit a vehicle.
- Vehicle and money text are present.