Proto:James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing (PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox)
This page details one or more prototype versions of James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing (PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox).
A demo build of the PlayStation 2 version was released on Official UK PlayStation 2 Magazine Demo Disc 40 in August 2003, 6 months before the game was released. The demo has a LOT of drastic differences when compared to the released game. It allows you to play two levels, the Nanotech Facility and the Pontchartrain Bridge.
- M's briefing is done by Samantha Eggar as opposed to Judi Dench. She was used as a placeholder until Judi Dench did her recordings.
- M's briefing dialogue is a bit different to the final game's. The line "This isn't a game" at 0:56 is never heard in the final game.
- There is no location text when the opening cutscene starts up for the Nanotech Facility level.
- Agent Under Fire's loading symbol can be seen at 1:00. It can also be seen again from 11:03 to 11:08.
- The music when Bond uses the rappel after the opening cutscene kicks in earlier than it does in the final game.
- The health bar is different and in a different position at 1:12. There is also no battery meter.
- All weapons have the correct magazine capacity. In the final game magazine capacity is significantly reduced.
- Weapon ammo text is different and in a different position.
- Weapon name text is different.
- Weapon text box is different.
- Weapon pictures can be seen when scrolling through inventory. They can only been seen through Bond Sense in the final game.
- The MP5K gunshot sound effect is different.
- You cannot use your inventory while in Bond Sense.
- You can't analyze dead enemies with Bond Sense.
- Bond doesn't say "I'll use that explosive here" when dropping the explosive into the exhaust vent.
- An arrow can be seen at 3:50 for placing the explosive into the exhaust vent.
- An unknown conversation between Bond and M can be heard from 3:58 to 4:08.
- Bond has to pick up ammo manually as opposed to walk over it in the final game.
- The flaming debris can hurt you, you lose all your current health when it happens.
- An arrow can be seen at 8:09 for turning on the flame vent system.
- Running straight doesn't lead to a sprint.
- Rolling isn't implemented yet.
- Armor isn't present due to different health system.
- There is no death theme or slow motion when you die.
- Nightfire's loading symbol can be seen from 11:17 to 11:29.
- The last piece of M's dialogue for the Paris Prelude mission from Nightfire can be heard from 11:36 to 11:40. This is a placeholder.
- The objective text is different from 11:33 to 11:36.
- It places you just before the bridge as opposed to making your way from the woods to the bridge in the final game.
- There's much less traffic to avoid than there is in the final game.
- There's no speed penalty for driving on the bridge's drainage grates.
- Action slide text is different and in a different position at 13:00.
- Bond Moments weren't implemented.
- Jaw's health meter and text is different at 13:24.
- M and Q don't message Bond during the Pontchartrain Bridge mission.
- Taking down Jaws is much easier and faster than the final game.
A demo build of the Xbox version was released on Official Xbox Magazine Demo Disc 28 in February 2004, around 2 months before release. This is much closer to the final game but has some noticeable differences. It allows you to play the same two levels as the PlayStation 2 Demo, A Long Way Down and the Pontchartrain Bridge.
- The health bar is different.
- Weapons have different spelling.
- Bond Moments are Gold and have a different jingle.
- You can focus on the downed enemies and see what they are called along with seeing what you can shoot.
- Bond Moments aren't present for the PontChartrainBridge level.
- The PontChartrain Bridge level is much harder than the final games.
- The loading icon is reused from Agent Under Fire.
The James Bond series
|Atari 2600||James Bond 007|
|Oric||007: Dangereusement Vôtre|
|NES||James Bond Jr. (John Smith: Special Agent Prototype)|
|Sega Master System||James Bond 007: The Duel|
|SNES||James Bond Jr.|
|Genesis||James Bond 007: The Duel|
|Game Boy||James Bond 007|
|PlayStation||Tomorrow Never Dies • The World Is Not Enough • 007 Racing|
|Nintendo 64||GoldenEye 007 • The World Is Not Enough|
|PlayStation 2||Agent Under Fire • Everything or Nothing (Demo) • From Russia with Love|
|GameCube||Agent Under Fire • NightFire • Everything or Nothing • From Russia with Love|
|Xbox||Everything or Nothing • From Russia with Love|
|Xbox 360||GoldenEye 007 (Prototype)|
|PlayStation Portable||From Russia with Love|
|Nintendo DS||Quantum of Solace • GoldenEye 007 • Blood Stone • GoldenEye: Rogue Agent|