Talk:The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
| Archive 1|
Prototype found but it has yet to be dumped
This seems to be a earlier build of the game hence the early logo, remind the members when this prototype gets dumped.
- The thread indicates it's not confirmed to be legit, since nothing has been shared outside a few shots of the title screen and a shot of the disc. -WarioBarker (talk) 18:07, 4 February 2018 (EST)
- It looks really fake because the ZELDA title was always red through all the prerelease screenshots and the debug menu can be activated anytime in the final game with cheats. The "confidential" part is the only thing that looks real but even then with shady pictures like these and no video... yea it's fake! --Laenthor (talk) 10:16, 5 February 2018 (EST)
JP exclusive Memory Leak/Barrier Skip
A new glitch has been found that prevents the Hyrule barrier from loading due to a memory leak. The leak only exists in the Japanese version of the game and not the PAL or NA versions. Would this warrant a spot in the regional differences section or would it be considered too technical? - -Macrepeh 23:14, 19 July 2019 (EST)
- Tell me about it -- Sheeza (talk) 06:17, 20 July 2019 (EDT)
- The result is shown in that video. According to the person who discovered the glitch, in the Japanese version of the game, if the amount of memory used for loading actors is low enough, using certain items doesn't work properly. The game doesn't load the actor for them, but still allocates some memory to use which never gets cleared because the actor never loaded.In the other versions of the game, if the memory gets low enough, the actor doesn't load but no memory is allocated for it at all. -- Macrepeh (talk) 11:42, 20 July 2019 (EST)
- Sorry for forgetting about this but I added some text with my understanding on how this works, feel free to improve. -- Sheeza (talk) 10:44, 26 July 2019 (EDT)
Phantom Ganon Sword?
Zelda Wiki says Phantom Ganon's sword has a strength of 4 (equal to spear, Stalfos Club, and Darknut Sword). To my knowledge there's never a chance to actually hit any enemies with Phantom Ganon's sword, so these would go unused if they exist. 1: Is the damage correct? 2: Is there really no enemy that can be attacked with the sword without modification of the game? If both are yes, it should be added to page or a subpage. --Agiletek (talk) 05:38, 8 February 2021 (UTC)