AAAHH!!! Real Monsters (SNES)
|AAAHH!!! Real Monsters|
Developer: Realtime Associates
This game has unused code.
This game has a notes page
They're monsters! And they're real! AAAHH!!!
Level Select and Invincibility Cheat
As soon as the green background of the title screen appears, you have about 5 seconds to enter this code:
- Hold R + Up, and press A 7 times.
- Hold L + Up, and press Y 8 times.
- Hold L + R + Up, and press B 9 times.
- Hold Up, and press X.
This will require practice to enter successfully as the time limit leaves almost no room for delay. It needs to be entered FAST. Also, make any mistake, and you are locked out of the cheat entry for that session (not that there's enough time for a second attempt, anyway). A few tips:
- You can keep Up held the entire time.
- Have R + Up already held so you can start tapping A immediately when the green background appears.
- On the final step you MUST have let go of the L and R buttons before you press X. This is the easiest mistake to make trying to enter the code in a hurry.
- The screen will immediately fade out and load the level select if you were successful.
- If you made a mistake or exceeded the time limit, enter the Options screen, exit, then try again (as before, make sure you wait until you see the green background of the title screen before entering the code). This is much quicker then pressing Reset each time and waiting for all the boot up screens to finish.
Memory address 7E1D6F holds the progress of the cheat: it will be $07 after the first step, $0F after the second, and $18 after the third.
Memory address 7E0200 holds a 16-bit timer, and the cheat must be fully entered before it reaches $00BE. To disable the timer, use Pro Action Replay (PAR) code 86AAA800.
Or just use Pro Action Replay (PAR) code 7E024506 to access the menu directly after the license screen on bootup.
Once in the level select screen, use the D-Pad to press Left and Right to change the index value and press Start to begin. If you press L, invincibility is turned on (bit 0x02 set in 7E13E4). Use R to turn it off again.
Infinite Mid-Air Jumps
Set bit 0x01 in 7E13E4 to enable infinite mid-air jumps (Pro Action Replay (PAR) code 7E13E401). Unlike the Genesis version, this isn't set along with the invincibility bit. In fact, the game won't recognize when both are set.
- The unused words CHEAT, ON, and OFF are stored alongside the word LEVEL used for the level select screen. They were probably meant for the invincibility toggle and that the menu was changed to use sound effects instead.
- Offset $03871A:
SLICK/Audio v1.01 Copyright(C)1994 Bitmasters,Inc.
The AAAHH!!! Real Monsters series
|SNES||AAAHH!!! Real Monsters|
|Genesis||AAAHH!!! Real Monsters|
|Adobe Shockwave||Monster Music Decomposer|
- Pages missing developer references
- Games developed by Realtime Associates
- Pages missing publisher references
- Games published by Viacom New Media
- SNES games
- Pages missing date references
- Games released in 1995
- Games with unused code
- Games with hidden development-related text
- Games with unused text
- Games with debugging functions
- Games with hidden level selects
- AAAHH!!! Real Monsters series
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Games > Games by content > Games with debugging functions
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden development-related text
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden level selects
Games > Games by content > Games with unused code
Games > Games by content > Games with unused text
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by Realtime Associates
Games > Games by platform > SNES games
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Viacom New Media
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 1995
Games > Games by series > AAAHH!!! Real Monsters series