Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
|Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean|
Also known as: Baten Kaitosu: Owaranai Tsubasa to Ushinawareta Umi (JP)
This game has unused items.
This game has a prototype article
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean is a JRPG that takes place in a world where continents float in the sky, and items, attacks, and weapons are stored in magnus cards.
This room holds various menus designed for testing purposes, such as a map select and an event menu. To enter the room, load any save file with the following Action Replay code enabled:
|Version||Action Replay code|
The debug room does not exist in the Japanese version of the game.
Unused Status Effects
There are some text strings for unused status effects left in the game:
Petrify Regen Slow Haste cure Petrify remove Regen cure Slow remove Haste Character will regenerate HP while equipped. Character is Slow while equipped. Character experiences Haste while equipped.
These effects were implemented in the battle system to varying degrees. While all of them produce a short visual effect on the target, only Petrify seems to physically affect (and kill) the target.
Unused Enemy Sets
Enemy set 76 consists of Ayme only.
- In the PAL version, the event menu in the debug room has an additional category called "Direct Jumps". Unlike the individual chapter submenus, this one links to many events from all over the game's storyline. It is unknown if there is some special property about these events that warranted an extra section.
- In the PAL version, it is not possible to skip Mizuti's song.
- The PAL version of the title screen uses a different font for the menu options:
- In the PAL version, the word "VOICE" on all six voice magnus was replaced with a symbol:
- A lot of magnus cards look very different in the Japanese version. Some of them hold entirely different items, though their effects are the same:
The Baten Kaitos series
|GameCube||Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean • Baten Kaitos Origins|
- Pages missing developer references
- Games developed by Monolith Soft
- Games developed by tri-Crescendo
- Pages missing publisher references
- Games published by Namco
- GameCube games
- Pages missing date references
- Games released in 2003
- Games with unused items
- Games with unused text
- Games with debugging functions
- Games with hidden sound tests
- Games with hidden level selects
- Games with regional differences
- To do
- Baten Kaitos series
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Cleanup > To do
Games > Games by content > Games with debugging functions
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden level selects
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden sound tests
Games > Games by content > Games with regional differences
Games > Games by content > Games with unused items
Games > Games by content > Games with unused text
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by Nintendo > Games developed by Monolith Soft
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by tri-Crescendo
Games > Games by platform > GameCube games
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Bandai Namco > Games published by Namco
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 2003
Games > Games by series > Baten Kaitos series