If you appreciate the work done within the wiki, please consider supporting The Cutting Room Floor on Patreon. Thanks for all your support!
Proto:Bionic Commando (NES)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page details one or more prototype versions of Bionic Commando (NES).
This prototype is documented on Hidden Palace.
A sample prototype of Hitler no Fukkatsu: Top Secret was released by Forest of Illusion on March 16, 2019.
- The prototype boots to the title screen instead of the intro.
- The monitors in communication rooms don't blink, which is true for the American version.
- The level exit shortcut (A + B + Select + Start) was not implemented. This can lead to a soft lock in areas 6 and 7 if you didn't bring the right weapon to destroy the barriers at the beginning of those stages.
- Firing the rocket launcher has a slight delay during which Ladd's palette cycles through 4 different color combination for a sort of muzzle flash effect.
- The shooting star in area 6 has not been implemented yet.
- The invisible door to the secret communications room in area 7 exists, but choosing either option immediately closes the communicate/wiretap menu, and the activator for the cheat has not been implemented yet.
The pause menu lacks a counter for continues, and the extra lives counter displays two digits instead of one.
The Bionic Commando series
|NES||Bionic Commando (Prototype)|
|Game Boy (Color)||Bionic Commando • Elite Forces|
|Windows||Bionic Commando (2009)|