Also known as: beatstage 3rdMIX (KR)
This game has hidden development-related text.
beatmania 3rdMIX is the third in Konami's series of 5-key music games.
- 1 Unused Graphic
- 2 Hidden Level Select
- 3 Game ID
- 4 Version Differences
- 4.1 Attract
- 4.2 Songlist
- 4.3 Charts
- 5 References
While this game removed Free Scratching Zones, graphics for them can still be found. However, the palette doesn't seem to be retained.
Hidden Level Select
Much like in 2ndMIX, 3rdMIX has a hidden debug feature which allows the player to select a song freely by holding Test and pressing a specific combination of keys at the same time in the song selection screen. Note that this function is only present in the Japanese release, and that it doesn't work while Event Mode is turned on.
Oddly, the "nagureo kidding style" and "crack style" charts for "20, november" and "attack the music" (respectively) cannot be accessed this way.
|1||life goes on|
|1+2+3||attack the music|
|2+3||LOVE SO GROOVY (1P)|
LOVE SO GROOVY (12inch version) (2P)
|2+3+4+5||Love's Theme of beatmania (Credits)|
|3||Beginning of life|
|3+4||METAL GEAR SOLID ~Main Theme|
|4||jam jam reggae (Funky Jam Cookie mix)|
|4+5||20,november (single mix) (1P)|
20,november (radio edit) (2P)
|5||Do you love me?|
|6||Believe again HYPER MEGA MIX|
|6+7||Deep Clear Eyes|
|8+9||SKA a go go|
|9||La Bossanova de Fabienne|
|9+10||LUV TO ME|
At the beginning of the game's HDD data, a string containing the game's ID and version can be found.
GQ825 beatmania 3rdMIX ver1.00
GQ825 beatmania 3rdMIX ver1.01
Four versions of the game are known to exist, two of which are in the MAME database:
- ver.JAA - the original Japanese release, labeled as bm3rdmix in MAME
- ver.JAB - a revision of the Japanese release
- ver.EAA - the game's European release, labeled as bm3rdeaa in MAME; uses ver.JAB as a base
- ver.KAA - the game's Korean release, known as beatstage 3rdMIX
- The Konami logo seen in the game's attract sequence was updated in ver.JAB. This also extends to ver.EAA.
- During the game's How to Play sequence, the game still refers to the judgement line as being a "red line" (as it was in the original beatmania and in 2ndMIX) in the original release. This was corrected in ver.JAB, and also applies to ver.EAA. This error also happens in the PRACTICE STAGE song, which was also corrected in the revision.
ver.KAA lacks the songs find out and Believe again. In addition, the songs Believe again HYPER MEGA MIX and LUV TO ME THIRD-MIX were replaced with their English versions from beatmania completeMIX.
Several of the game's charts were updated in ver.JAB:
- The revision removes "load keysound" parameters for the 1P-4 key just before measure 12 begins, and for 2P-Scratch just before measure 21 in the song's Double ANOTHER chart. A single 2P-1 note was also removed from measure 24.
Attack the music
- A duplicate 2P measure marker at the very end of all Double charts was removed.
Believe again HYPER MEGA MIX
- In the Double chart, a 2P-5 note was added at the very start of measure 5. A duplicate 2P-Scratch note at the start of measure 21 was also removed.
life goes on
- In the song's Single HARD chart, some of the "load keysound" parameters are positioned much later in the original release, which may cause some notes to play unintended keysounds if they're pressed early enough. The affected notes are the 1 note in measure 24, which may play the sound 16 (a synth sound) rather than 40 (a drum roll), and the 3 note in measure 36, which may play the sound 2E instead of 30.
LUV TO ME THIRD-MIX
- In both Double charts, the revision adds "load keysound" parameters for the 2P-1 and 1P-5 keys around measure 13.
METAL GEAR SOLID Main Theme
- In the original release, the song's Double chart has no BG changing parameters.
- In the Single chart, the last 4 key in measure 14 was originally a 1 key.
- In the Double chart, a 1P-1 key was added to measure 3, in the same position as the 2P-5 key. Also, at measure 19, the last 2P-2 key was originally a 2P-1 key. Finally, measure markers were added to the last measure.
- In the song's Double charts, there is a "load keysound" parameter for 1P-5 that is positioned much later than the intended, around the middle of measure 16. This causes a 1P-5 key in measure 14 to play an unintended keysound (26, which is a snare hit, instead of 07, a synth sample). In the revision, the "load keysound" parameter is placed at the very end of measure 13, allowing for the correct keysound to be played. A duplicate 1P measure marker at measure 31 was also removed.
- In both Single charts, the revision adds "load keysound" parameters for the 5 key at the very end of measure 18 and just before the simultaneous 3+5 press in measure 20. For the former, the keysound that is played is 0D instead of 24, and for the latter, 27 instead of 26. In addition, in the Single HARD chart only, several "load keysound" parameters for the 1, 2, 3 and 4 keys in measure 21 were repositioned to be before the last 5 key in the measure.
- In the Single chart, the "load keysound" parameter for the 5 key in measure 36 originally loaded the keysound 27 rather than 1D.
- In the Double chart, all of the "load keysound" parameters load different keysounds. Curiously, the hex values of each of the keysounds called in the revision are 80 bytes bigger than the ones called in the original release.
- In the game's original release, measures 28 and 29 of the song's Single chart are the subject of a visual glitch in which some notes appear to be placed later than where they actually are. This is caused by the incorrect placement of a duplicate 1 note, as seen below. The JAB release fixes both of these issues by moving the early duplicate 1 at 3213 to before the 1 at 3195, both in terms of in-game placement and data order placement.
- A duplicate 1P measure marker at measure 3 of the song's Double chart was removed.
- A duplicate 1P measure marker at measure 40 of the song's Double chart was removed.
The beatmania series
|Arcade||beatmania • 2ndMIX • 3rdMIX • completeMIX|
4thMIX • 5thMIX • completeMIX 2
ClubMIX • Dreams Come True • CORE REMIX
6thMIX • 7thMIX • THE FINAL
|PlayStation||APPEND 3rdMIX (Demo) • APPEND GOTTAMIX|
APPEND 4thMIX • APPEND 5thMIX • European Edit (Prototype)
Dreams Come True • beatmania Best Hits • APPEND GOTTAMIX2
APPEND ClubMIX • The Sound of Tokyo! • 6thMIX + CORE REMIX
|Game Boy (Color)||beatmania GB • beatmania GB2: Gotcha Mix • beatmania GB: Gotcha Mix 2|
|WonderSwan||beatmania for WonderSwan|
|Windows/Mac OS Classic||beatmania DA!! • beatmania BEST DA!!|
|PlayStation 2||beatmania DaDaDa!! • beatmania|
|Arcade||beatmania III • APPEND CORE REMIX • APPEND 6thMIX • APPEND 7thMIX • THE FINAL|
|beatmania IIDX series|
- Pages missing developer references
- Games developed by Konami GMD
- Pages missing publisher references
- Games published by Konami
- Arcade games
- Pages missing date references
- Games released in 1998
- Games with hidden development-related text
- Games with unused graphics
- Games with hidden level selects
- Games with regional differences
- Games with revisional differences
- Beatmania series
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden development-related text
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden level selects
Games > Games by content > Games with regional differences
Games > Games by content > Games with revisional differences
Games > Games by content > Games with unused graphics
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by Konami > Games developed by Konami GMD
Games > Games by platform > Arcade games
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Konami
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 1998
Games > Games by series > Beatmania series